Friday, August 20, 2010

Silver Flake Hair Jigs and Sugar?

I'd been a little disappointed with glitter not showing up very well in my photos. So, I went ahead and purchased some large silver glitter (Sulyn Industries) and created some silver flake jig heads. Each hair jig is a 1/8-oz. ball head with a #2 hook.


Well, I'm not overly excited about the result. But, while I coated the heads with my epoxy and glitter mix, I was reminded of a "Sugarhead" jig. This was a crappie-sized marabou feather jig that I purchased many years ago. It had a head coating that looked like granulated sugar. I plan to design a similar jig with glitter flakes sometime in the future. :)

Ever hear of, own, or use a "Sugarhead"? I tried a keyword web search for this jig and turned up zero hits. :(

2 comments:

  1. Hi PUP,

    I used to buy and use Sugarhead jigs in the 60's and 70's back in Terre Haute, IN. The small ones working great on a casting bubble for crappie and bluegill.

    Regards,

    Robert Irving

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the information Robert. I believe that mine were purchased in the Terre Haute area too.

    I have only one left. It's a tiny orange-headed one with black marabou. Looks similar to an egg-sucking leech (fly) pattern to me.

    ReplyDelete