Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's Not A Fluke... More Flukes!

I really enjoy tying these now that I'm in control of both, the thread and the weedguard. ;)  Used two more "new-to-me" yarns this evening.  The first fluke pictured is tied with a #6 yarn called Northland Lofty Chenille (honey color pattern).  The second is tied with a fuzzy #6 chenille yarn called Bernat Fab Faux (sable color pattern).

This fluke has an Eagle Claw 249WA-1/0 hook.  It's about 6" long.

This one was has an Eagle Claw 249WA-3/0 hook.  It's 6.5" long.

I field tested one of my other flukes recently with a medium spinning outfit consisting of a 6 foot rod and a reel spooled with 6-lb. copolymer line.  I was able to cast it a pretty fair distance with it wet. :)

Forget about casting one of these dry unless you use a fly rod outfit of about 8-wt or more. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment