Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Trials Of "New-To-Me" Powder Paints

It's interesting to see how newly painted jig heads look with their hooks fully dressed with tying materials.  Each powder paint was purchased from Rosey's Powder Coating of Herriman, Utah.

Exhibit A:  Olive Drab RAL 6022 50%+ Gloss

Please pardon the leather "dust" on the trailer (tail).  Aside from that, I like this jig. Its paint is a pretty good "green pumpkin" color. :)

Exhibit B:  Silver Sand Metallic

As for this color, the jury is out for me.  It seemed to lose some of its sparkle during the oven cure.  Perhaps, I heated it for too long of a time period.  Rosey's web site suggests using this paint as a base coat application, which is a very good idea.  I could then topcoat with a translucent candy color which might insulate and preserve the sparkle beneath.  It's worth trying in my opinion.  This textured paint looks really great when first applied..


No comments:

Post a Comment