Sunday, December 10, 2017

Recent Ties In Between The Holidays

Here are some 1/8-ounce jigs I've tied recently for winter finesse fishing. Their trailers are made of suede leather with a 'chunk' portion consisting of sandwiched craft foam. I'm hoping to fish these soon as I've been successful with similar baits for cold weather largemouth bass.


The top jig is tied with craft fur. The other two are tied with kid goat hair, which I've never used before, and red flashabou. Kid goat hair is somewhat slick, but it's relatively soft and manageable. The combination of black and red colors (black neon) are popular in my area.


These are hair jigs tied with hair from deer hide (not cut from bucktail). Used a hair stacker for my first time to even the hairs prior to tying these. Their suede leather trailers will darken when wet and feature orange and brown foam chunks as well. I may add a touch of orange-colored glitter or fabric paint to their tips at a later time.


These are bucktails, with their hair cut from the base of the tail.


 More jigs tied with the hair from deer hide. I'm a fan of olive and red flake color.

 
This one's going to get a workout this spring. Its tail is very buoyant. I'll use a slip sinker or bull shot ahead of its eye to fish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment