Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Plan B Jig & Nothing Fancy Jigs

Tied this one over the weekend. Attempted a chenille body that wasn't going to work, so I broke out some Holoshimmer to finish up.  Here's my "Plan B" jig.



Materials:
  • 1/16-oz. minnow head jig with #4 hook.
  • Turkey feathers - bright yellow.
  • UTC Ultra Thread (olive) - 140 denier.
  • Sulky Holoshimmer - sliver metallic.
  • White acrylic paint for eyes and basecoat.
  • Black acrylic paint for eyes.
  • Maybelline Nail Polish for head paint - Go Go Green.
  • Devcon 2T Epoxy for topcoat.
  • Flymasters (Wapsi) Flashabou Accent - fluorescent chartreuse/pearl.
I've seen so many good-looking jigs being tied lately, that I thought I'd post a couple of dull ones. :) These are my "Nothing Fancy" jigs.



I think that the one to the left might be worth trying on dark, cloudy days. The one to the right might be a little bit too "rusty" (as in...rusty crayfish). Maybe, a brown bass getter?

Both do have a bit of flash in the back end and each weighs 1/16 of an ounce. Hook size is #4.

No comments:

Post a Comment