Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hair Jigs: Crappie.com Jig Swap Submission

Painted some heads and used them to tie these for a crappie jig swap in progress at Crappie.com.



I call each of them a Fireball "Half & Half".  Each measures approximately 2" long.

Materials:
  • 1/16-oz. ball head (collared) with a #4 rounded-bend hook.
  • White and black acrylic paint for basecoat and eyes.
  • Plasti-Kote B27 Orange Glow Enamel.
  • Devcon 2T Epoxy for topcoats.
  • UTC Ultra Thread (gray brown) - 70 denier.
  • White and fawn-colored (cream) craft fur.
  • Silver holographic tinsel.
This type of jig might work for Float-N-Fly fishing smallmouth bass if it doesn't work well for crappie.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Stephen (OKSTATEjiggy?). :) I hope those will work well on the crappie. I do plan to Float-N-Fly a few of this pattern past the smallmouth bass this winter.

    The bass likely won't be as picky as slabs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!!THEY SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!!!
    Still say you use an jig eye maker",and till I break down and invest all that moola into one"No one"I mean No"one"...will make them as nice" as you my friend!I need to relive the sting of the powder paint sprayer first a fore i take on the price a one a dem on puppies"...!!!":)
    AWESOME"as usual man!Just AWESOME!!!Your grn. colors are the bomb too guy"what like a pistachio?
    Looks great!
    Rob/grubs"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliment Rob (Grubfarmer67). :)

    BTW, just keeping my hands steady and using a magnifying lamp helps me quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete