Saturday, January 22, 2011

Green & Yellow

Tied a couple of green and yellow jigs tonight.  Each weighs about 1/8 of an ounce and has a #2 hook.  Wanted to try a new fabric marker.  My result was...well...


...OK, I guess.  The marker left the jig's yellow fur somewhat stiffer-feeling to me.  I need to let it dry lying flat overnight, so perhaps I'll comb it out sometime tomorrow.  I'd like to create better bar markings in the future with more practice.

The top jig is simply kelly green tied over yellow craft fur, so no drying time there. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Here on Erie - during the spring walleye bite over the reefs you here alot about 2 color patterns... 1 is called 'John Deere' and i think this would qualify. ha! The other is the tried and true purple. A few others come up, but those are the 2 BIG ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, that's interesting to know...

    I think that I'm going to try to do some serious fishing for walleye this spring. I plan to use my hand-tied jigs exclusively.

    The walleye in Eagle Creek Reservoir of Indianapolis do like silver-haired jigs. I've noticed that darker grayish-silver attracts the largemouth bass more frequently in my experience.

    I retrieve the jigs moderately to slowly, just above the bottom contour. Yellow bass in this reservoir can be difficult to avoid at times, but it beats a skunking. :)

    ReplyDelete