Monday, January 24, 2011

Old School & Purple-Barred Ties

I really don't know why I like the color of the top two jigs in this photo so much.  Maybe, it's because of the colors of the feathered trebles on old musky lures or the spoons and spinners that I've fished successfully for northern pike.


I think that I'll try to test the red/yellow and red/white colors a bit this spring.  Many of the old lures from Grandpa's tackle boxes had red and white color patterns.  So, It might be worth fishing these color combinations.  Grandpa was a pretty good angler as I recall...

There's something about barred patterns that look attractive to me.  I hope that they'll attract gamefish as well.  I chose purple and white because of my confidence in purple color for largemouth bass and walleye.

Each jig weighs 1/8 of an ounce and has a #2 bronze hook.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty funny, never saw your post here on the 'old school' colors. I don't check in enough i guess, solved that. ;) Really like those red/white & red/yellow. Signed up as a follower here, hopefully it sends me an email when you post... maybe i won't un-knowingly steal your ideas any more! haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. AF,

    Your "Old School" ties on JigCraft are excellent. I thought it was interesting that we've been thinking about designing similarly-colored jigs within the same timeframe. :)

    Concerning notification, you can sign into your blog and check the console of recent posts for the blogs you follow. I'll have to look into the e-mail thing sometime.

    ReplyDelete